Financial Planning Techniques
You probably came to Financial Planning Techniques for one of four reasons:
1. To take control of your finances.
2. To learn how to invest in this strange new economy.
3. To protect your wealth during these uncertain economic times.
4. To generate additional income.
Knowledge is power!
This statement is never truer than with personal financial planning techniques—especially in today’s volatile financial markets.
Education is the key to help you become financially successful. It is also critical to protecting your wealth. This website explores the following topics and how they relate to creating a solid financial future:
• Economics – Important basics on the U.S. and world economy.
• Government – How and why monetary policies are determined.
• History – Knowledge of history is critical for future financial decisions.
• Philosophy – Sound and unsound economic and monetary philosophies.
This tapestry of knowledge is critical to help you understand why things are the way they are and what your financial options are.
With this knowledge, you will be better prepared to navigate through these treacherous economic waters.
The proper knowledge is a great start. However, the proper skills are also required to make wise financial decisions. These abilities are:
Critical Thinking, Problem solving and Decision Making Skills
The sister site: Problem Solving Techniques has been created to help you with these skills.
Purpose and Goal
The purpose of Financial Planning Techniques is to educate and help you become financially knowledgeable on a wide array of important topics. There are excellent tools, techniques and resources to help you learn, grow and expand your financial IQ.
The economic world has drastically changed in the past several years and is changing at an accelerating rate. Investing and income prospects are becoming more difficult and confusing all the time.
But with change, comes opportunities!
This website has been designed to help you sift thought the massive amounts of information, misinformation and resources to mine for the golden nuggets that will help you make intelligent financial decisions.
It also helps you strip through the myths, mystiques and exposes the charlatans of investing and replaces them with logic and common sense.
In other words, the goal of this website is to encourage you to be proactive with your finances.
Choosing to improve your financial skills increases your confidence in addressing every day and long term monetary challenges. This increase in confidence is the key that unlocks a life with rich rewards and more control of the outcomes.
Make no mistake about it, this job isn't easy! And, everyone will not succeed. However, being a prepared student provides you with a dramatic advantage over those who are unprepared.
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin
Your Financial Future
Only you have control of your financial future. This website strives to provide you with potent information. However you must make your own decisions depending on your personal needs and wants.
There is no guaranteed success, but with proper preparation and skills you are much more likely to succeed.
You are encouraged to become a student of finance, to use this site to research and study as much as you can on the sometimes fascinating and frequently frustrating subject of finance.
There are many great books, resources and videos to help you on your journey. Recommendations are provided throughout this website to help guide you.
Also, having a curious and open mind is a powerful mindset for gaining financial knowledge.
Doing one’s own research is rewarding. If you discover some great resources for financial planning techniques please share them with me. You can contact me on my Contact Page.
Like anything worthwhile, this website will continue to grow and provide more and more useful information and resources.
Enjoy your visit to Financial Planning Techniques and come back often!
- Stock Market Investing
- There are many important aspects to stock market investing. Whether you are doing online trading investing, or working with a broker there are many things to consider. This section provides some im
- Asset Allocation
- Asset allocation is a powerful investment strategy that balances risk verses reword by using diversification. In other words: “Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket!”
- Investing in Stocks
- Investing in stocks is not for everyone, but for those who are willing to invest the time, William O’Neil has some sound ideas on how to invest using fundamental and technical information.
- Investment Tools
- The following investment tools are some of the more popular ones in the market place today. As with anything, check out each tool thoroughly (to ensure they align with your investment objectives) bef
- Wealth Management
- Effective wealth management helps ensures that you keep your hard earned savings. It is always important and is critical in times of economic turmoil.
- Investment Resources
- There are several investment resources spiced throughout Financial Planning Techniques. This page is provided to collect the key resources so they are in one convenient place.
- Debt Solutions
- Debt solutions are an important element in effective financial planning techniques. This section covers sections to assist you in understanding your debt, establishing a plan to take control of it...
- Debt Help
- To get true debt help one must first recognize there is a problem. We live in a debt driven culture and this drives our behavior. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. Let me explain.
- Budgeting Finances
- Budgeting Finances is a powerful fourth step in establishing a strong financial plan.<p> A responsible financial plan requires that you make informed choices on what you can afford, and what you ca
- Debt Consolidation
- Debt consolidation consists of organizing your debts and then consolidating them thru pay down or taking out a consolidation loan. It is a key element in financial planning techniques.
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Debt consolidation loans are taken out to secure a lower interest rate, a fixed interest rate, for servicing just one loan or a combination.
- Bad Debt
- Understanding bad debt verses good debt is key to determining which debt to pay down first, second and so forth.
- Debt Relief
- The best way to get debt relief is to take charge of it yourself. There are excellent resources to teach you what you need to know. They will help you take an aggressive approach to eliminating your
- Debt Reduction
- Debt reduction is a critical step on the road to financial freedom. It consists of freeing up money from creating a sound budget. Then use that money to pay down your debts through debt consolidatio
- Buy and Sell Gold
- This page covers how to buy and sell gold and silver, different types of dealers to buy precious metals from, and more.
- How to Buy Gold
- This webpage covers the best ways on how to buy gold and silver. Not all of them are equal. Some are much better than others.
- Where to Buy Gold
- There are two primary places where to buy gold and silver. You can purchase from coin dealers or online. This page addresses both.
- Gold Coin Dealers
- Silver and gold coin dealers are excellent places for purchasing and selling these precious metals. There are usually several coin shops in every major city.
- Buying Gold Coins
- There are many great options when buying gold coins. Some of the most popular ways are: Buying Gold Coins such as American Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs, South Africa Krugerrands
- Buying Silver Coins
- There are many good options when buying silver coins. Some of the most popular ways to buy silver bullion are: Junk Silver Coins, American Silver Eagles,Canadian Maple Leafs, Silver Vienna Philharm
- Junk Silver Coins
- Junk silver coins are one of the best and cheapest ways to own silver. Junk silver coins are usually cheaper than if you buy silver coins such as US silver eagles or Canadian Maple Leafs—and bu
- Selling Gold
- The two primary ways of selling gold and silver are to local coin shops and to internet precious metals companies. This web page covers both.
- Silver Money
- Gold and Silver money are being used for goods and services. In effect, gold and silver are starting to be used as competing currencies against the US dollar.
- Gold Bubble Myth
- The page explores the gold bubble myth. The argument for gold being is an economic bubble is that the price of gold has been rising for 11 years. Thus, it is in a bubble. This is flawed logic.
- Wealth Preservation
- Wealth preservation is a tactic used throughout the centuries during extremely uncertain economic times. As a currency collapses due to hyperinflation it is critical to employ asset protection.
- Gold Resources
- There are many excellent silver and gold resources spiced throughout Financial Planning Techniques. This page is provided to collect the key resources in one convenient place.
- Best Internet Home Business
- The best internet home business in my humble opinion is Site Build It (SBI). This page is a testimonial, and a recommendation for Site Build It products.
- Investing in Collectables
- Investing in Collectables can be fun. Hobbies are fun, relaxing and provide many hours of engaging entertainment. Collectable hobbies can also be a hidden source of income.
- Basics of Money
- The basics of money explains money creation, evolution, currency debasement and the ravages of inflation and hyperinflation
- Evolution of Money
- The evolution of money is important to understand when exploring the financial, economic and political systems that drive monetary policies. Monetary policies affect the economy, and the economy aff
- How Money Becomes Worthless
- How money becomes worthless is important. This page covers some of the primary ways that money loses great value. Topics include: hyperinflation, redenomination and ceasing to be legal tender.
- Currency Debasement
- Currency debasement is the practice of lowering the value of money. It has been used by monarchs and politicians for thousands of years to minimize the burden of huge debts without inflicting major t
- How Currencies are Debased
- How currencies are debased provides a lens to see what the future may hold for many of the world’s fiat currencies.
- Effects of Inflation
- The effects of inflation are the erosion of the purchasing power of money. It is a stealth destroyer of wealth.
- Fiat Currencies and Hyperinflation
- Fiat currencies and hyperinflation are closely related by cause and effect. A fiat currency that is backed only by government decree creates a great temtation to spend wildly.
- Whats wrong with Deflation
- Whats wrong with deflation? When goods and services are deflated, everything is cheaper. You get more for your dollars. What could be wrong with that? There are some compelling arguments both ways—
- Bad Monetary Policy
- Bad monetary policy has caused many of the economic problems here in the United States and around the world. This section provides historical examples of the effects of bad monetary policy.
- Check Your Premises
- Check your premises is a subtheme in the Ayn Rand book: Atlas Shrugged. It means that if you are dealing with a contradiction, then one of your beliefs may be false.
- Fiat Currency Failures
- Fiat currency failures are common. Government’s power to print unlimited sums of money creates the danger of fiat currency failures.
- United States Currency Devaluations
- There have been many United States currency devaluations throughout the past 235 years. To understand what can happen in the future economically it is worthwhile to take a trip to the past.
- The Inflation Tax
- The inflation tax is real, and it is insidious. A common misconception is that inflation is an increase in prices. It is not. Inflation is the increase of the money supply.
- Inflation and Stagflation
- Inflation and stagflation were significantly damaging to the economy and to money’s purchasing power from 1970 to 1982. During the late 70s to the early 1980s the nation experienced stagflation.
- Not Worth a Continental
- The saying: “ Not worth a Continental ”has its roots at the start of this great nation. Wars are rarely funded out of the existing treasury, nor are they financed from excessive taxes. The massive
- It Cant Happen Here
- Many people believe that it cant happen here. What they are saying is that they believe that the United States can not fail economically.
- Currency Redenomination
- Currency redenomination occurs when a government uses a single currency unit to replace a fixed number of old units (usually a positive integer). hese numbers can be as high as 10, 100, 1000 (or more)
- Federal Reserve Creature
- The Federal Reserve Creature is diabolical and insidious. It started with a secret meeting at Jekyll Island in 1910, was enacted in 1913 and has caused havoc and problems in the U.S. ever since.
- Economic Resources
- There are many excellent economic resources spiced throughout financial planning techniques. A basic understanding of economics will help you with important financial decisions.
- Personal Finance
- Personal finance basics are the core of a strong financial plan. They are as follows: pay yourself first,setup strong financial planning, live below your means and more
- Financial Planning
- Sound financial planning takes several steps. This page covers the high level steps to accomplishing this task.
- Net Worth
- Determining your net worth is the second step to sound financial planning. It helps you understand where you are financially starting from so you can move towards achieving your financial goals.
- Income and Expenses
- Determining your monthly income and expenses is the first step in establishing strong financial planning. With a firm knowledge of your income and what you spend helps you move forward in
- Financial Goals
- What are your financial goals? This section is designed to help you to start mapping out your goals. This is the third step and another critical element in Sound Financial Planning.
- Financial Planning Resources
- There are many financial planning resources spiced throughout Financial Planning Techniques. This page is provided to collect the key resources so they are in one convenient place.
- Site Map
- Below is the Site Map for Financial Planning Techniques. The purpose of Financial Planning Techniques is to educate and help you become financially knowledgeable on a wide array of important topics.
- Chuck Clayton
- Hello! My name is Chuck Clayton and I created and maintain the website: Financial-Planning-Techniques.
- Contact Us
- Thanks for taking the time to contact us! We are very interested in knowing what areas you like about the website, what areas you think needs improvement and what "new ideas" you would like to see ad